Everything you need to know
While we’re all dealing with the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to take this opportunity to update you on what we're doing to help keep our future guests and team safe and up to date while we reduce the risk of exposure of COVID-19 across our resort.
We have updated our booking policy so you can book with confidence and feel comfortable with your travel plans in these uncertain times. Our revised cancellation policy includes greater flexibility should your plans change. This policy applies for stays up to December 19, 2021.
- REVISED CANCELLATION POLICY FOR COVID-19
This is our revised cancellation, amendment, and no-shows policies in the view of the COVID-19 situation. This will apply for 2021 bookings excluding peak season.
Cancellations, Amendments, and No Shows
- Cancellations and amendments will be accepted with no charge up to 30 days before arrival (except for peak season dates 20 Dec 2021 till 5 Jan 2022, where there is a 60-day cancellation policy)
- Cancellations and amendments within 30 days before arrival will be charged 100% of the entire stay.
- Cancellations and amendments must be confirmed in writing prior to the minimum notice dates.
- No refund applicable for no-show, days not used due to early checkout, or delayed arrivals.
- Payment to be made in full 30 days prior to arrival (except for peak season dates 20 Dec 2021 till 5 Jan 2022)
- In peak season a 35% deposit payment will be due upon booking, and the balance of 65% payment will be due 60 days prior to arrival.
As of March 2020, Singapore and Indonesia’s government imposed travel restrictions and bans for short-term visitors.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will update our guests, FAQs and policies accordingly.
We like to say that Bawah Reserve is one of the safest places to be. Our remote destination, a limited number of suites, and a maximum of 72 guests at any one time make it an excellent location for a holiday.
Elang is on schedule to launch shortly after Bawah Reserve reopens in 2022.
We are currently offering a 100% refund for bookings cancelled 30 days before travel. For any cancellation due to government imposed travel restrictions, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Yes, stay 6 nights and only pay 7 nights.
Offer applies to all new bookings except for peak season.
We continue to be Covid-19 free at Bawah Reserve. None of our guests or staff have been affected.
Our amazing staff are all still part of the Bawah Family and many are using this time to be with their families. We have maintained a group of essential staff at the resort to work on projects that are planned for later in the year. Our team will be waiting with big smiles to welcome guests back to the resort once we reopen.
We are using the time to thoroughly clean and disinfect all of the rooms and public areas, work on enhancement projects that were planned for later in the year and complete work on our new island Elang Private Residence.
We have a doctor at the resort at all times who can treat guests and work with our management team to facilitate safe passage to Singapore in case of an emergency.
Our team will be returning to the resort in phases to allow time for enhanced sanitary training and transmission education. We will ensure that Bawah Reserve continues to be a safe haven and we believe that this additional training will help our team stay vigilant in keeping our resort Covid free.
Yes, all staff members will be screened before returning to the resort both in Batam and again when they arrive at Bawah Reserve. Our staff are required to keep us updated with any travel plans beyond returning to their hometowns.
We will be fully operational when we reopen.